Contents - most recent first

Tuesday 5 March 2013

Poems on the road

With the long bus rides I have occupied my time by writing poems. Poems to reflect our journey so far, heres a few to read.

Mosquitos

Ouch there goes another bite 
Stinging attacks taken by flight.

Quick someone get the DET 
I can hear the fucker near my feet.

Buzz,buzz, buzz that awful sound
Buzz,buzz, buzz I look around.

Armed with only just my broom
I scan my eyes across the room.

..but no where can this mozzy be seen
just the sharp hum of its hunting scream.

Buzz,buzz, buzz that awful sound
Buzz,buzz, buzz you slap it down.

Now eerie silence fills the room.
My opponent is squashed underneath my broom.

Peace at last, there is no sound...

Buzz, buzz, buzz another one has come around.


Argentinian Fix

Ham and cheese, ham and cheese, what a lovely mix
Not until you have had the Argentinian Fix.

Everyday, three times a day
Jamon and Queso as they would say.

There is no need to second guess what we are having
Ham and cheese were no longer laughing.

Ham and cheese with potatoes
Ham and cheese with bread
Ham and cheese in the morning
Ham and cheese before bed.

Ham and cheese, ham and cheese 
I think its making me ill.

Ham and cheese, ham and cheese
I think I have had my fill.

Attacama Desert

The sun beating down, not a cloud in sight
A mound of mountains form the skyline.

Sand dunes scattered standing the test of time
Gawping humans, watching benign.

A single bird soars the vast open air
not a shade to catch the suns torturious glare.

A stretch of emptyness, a wilderness land
Rolling beautiful sea of sand.

A chillian breeze ruffles the grains
Making them dance along the terrain.

Whistling through these lonely planes
Untouched, unscathed, its beauty remains.



No comments:

Post a Comment